Florida Woman Makes Disturbing Discovery In Toilet
Michelle Reynolds said that after she’d put some popcorn in the microwave, she went to use the bathroom and “opened the door and did a quick turnaround because I saw this thing in there and quickly shut the door!” she said.
The “thing” was an iguana that could not get out of the commode, so Reynolds called Harold Rondon of Iguana Lifestyles, a wildlife removal service, to rescue the reptile.
Rondon said he had already removed several iguanas from South Florida properties this year.
“This is the second one this week already,” he said.
Rondon said the one he removed from Reynolds’ toilet was a Mexican spiny tail iguana.
Iguanas’ bodies can get up to 18 inches long, with tails that can also get up to 18 inches long.
“He took up most of the toilet bowl,” Reynolds said.
Although they are not native, iguanas have become common in South Florida.
Iguanas were brought to the area as pets in the 1960s, and many escaped or were released.
While they are not dangerous to people, some iguanas can transmit salmonella.