BREAKING NEWS! White House Proves Milley Was In Cahoots With Russia The Whole Time
In a phone conversation with his Russian counterpart, Gen. Mark Milley, the senior military official in the United States, was said to have discussed an offer from the Kremlin to assist the United States with responding to terrorist threats in Afghanistan.
As reported by The Wall Street Journal, the Kremlin appears to have offered the Biden administration the opportunity to allow the United States military to use Russian bases in the Middle East in order to respond to terrorist threats now that the United States has withdrawn its forces from Afghanistan. At the request of President Joe Biden and the National Security Council of the United States, Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, communicated with Russian Chief of General Staff Valery Gerasimov about the offer.
“The previously unreported exchange comes as the Biden administration is searching for ways to strengthen its capability to monitor and respond to potential terrorist dangers in Afghanistan now that U.S. forces have left the country,” WSJ reports.
“While the U.S. and Russia share concerns about the threat of terrorism, the idea of working with Russia on counterterrorism is fraught with challenges, particularly politically. Congress enacted legislation several years ago that precludes close cooperation between the U.S. and Russia militaries as long as Russian troops are in Ukraine, unless the secretary of defense issues a special waiver,” the outlet continued.
The news of the Russian meeting comes as legislators prepare to hear evidence on Tuesday from Milley and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin regarding the Biden administration’s hasty and chaotic exit from Afghanistan. Milley, in particular, is anticipated to face tough questions from senators about his involvement in Afghanistan and his judgment over reported discussions he had with Chinese officials during the Trump administration’s final weeks.
Milley allegedly called his Chinese counterpart, Gen. Li Zuocheng, twice during the closing months of the Trump administration and stated on the second call that if then-President Donald Trump ordered a surprise strike on the Chinese, he would issue a warning.
“General Li, I want to assure you that the American government is stable and everything is going to be okay,” Milley reportedly said. “We are not going to attack or conduct any kinetic operations against you.”
The Pentagon put out a statement defending Milley’s phone calls with the Chinese. A Pentagon spokesperson said:
The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs regularly communicates with the Chiefs of Defense across the world, including with China and Russia. These conversations remain vital to improving mutual understanding of U.S. national security interests, reducing tensions, providing clarity and avoiding unintended consequences or conflict.
His calls with the Chinese and others in October and January were in keeping with these duties and responsibilities conveying reassurance in order to maintain strategic stability. All calls from the Chairman to his counterparts, including those reported, are staffed, coordinated and communicated with the Department of Defense and the interagency.
Also in keeping with his responsibilities as senior military adviser to the President and Secretary of Defense, Milley frequently conducts meetings with uniformed leaders across the Services to ensure all leaders are aware of current issues. The meeting regarding nuclear weapons protocols was to remind uniformed leaders in the Pentagon of the long-established and robust procedures in light of media reporting on the subject.
General Milley continues to act and advise within his authority in the lawful tradition of civilian control of the military and his oath to the Constitution.